Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hebrews Introduction

I am so excited to begin the study of the book of Hebrews. This is a challenging book to study and teach. There are some difficult passages that I am looking forward to tackling. In the past my reading of Hebrews has been concentrated in the Hall of Faith chapters. I find those Bible characters an inspiration even though I never think I can live up to their examples. But then I realize that for the most part God uses ordinary men and women. I definitely fit into the "ordinary" category. So as a result, I have been thinking alot about faith lately and in what I place my faith. Do I place my faith in myself, my health, abilities, intellect, financial resources, modern medicine or the people around me?
What is faith? What/who deserves my faith? These are some of the questions that I am hoping to answer in my study of Hebrews.

No comments: